Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Email January 2, 2009

Hola familia!
Thank you for the letters and being wonderful people! So things here are wonderful:) My P-days will normally be on Fridays but this first week we just have a short one today. The first day or two was pretty rough here, but now that I'm getting into the swing of things, the MTC es fantastico! You learn so much everyday. It's loco.
My companion is Elder Pottroff from Dallas Texas. He's way smart and a super cool guy. My district is awesome as well. I've probably learned more espanol in the last 3 days than I did in my two whole years of high school:) not even kidding you. This place is insane. So many happy smiling people. I have not even seen or heard any negative words or actions yet.
So you named the cow after me huh? Bien bien. I'm excited to meet/eat it when I get home:) So ya things are great and la iglesia es verdad! I love you all so much!!!
Elder Dawson Flake

We picked up a cow from the church dairy on our way home from dropping Dawson off at the MTC. We will fatten it up while he is out on his mission for two years and when he comes home we will "kill the fatted calf" and celebrate his return. We named him "Nosewad" which is Dawson spelled backwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment