Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011 Email District Leader

So transfers is bringing 2 big changes;
1. I'll be getting a new companion, & 2. I will be taking the position of Elder Simmons as the new District Leader. I will be serving my 5th straight transfer here in lovely Hollister. Transfers are tomorrow morning. I've served 9 transfers now! That's a lot. I'm pretty nervous to teach District Meetings (every Thursday) and to conduct baptismal interviews. But the Lord qualifies whom he calls, so it should be good. Luckily our district is small, only 2 sets of Elders (including us) + the Sisters. I went up to San Jose friday for a leadership training meeting. It was good. Elder Pottorf, my MTC companion, was called as a zone leader! It was good to see him and he gave me some good advice from his experience as a D.L. It was a pretty crazy week with 2 exchanges + the all day meeting.

We had a good lesson with Margarita, the friend of Angeles, on Wednesday. We watched the Joseph Smith movie and explained the importance of the Book of Mormon. She said an awesome prayer at the end of the lesson and she seems pretty interested. Elder Simmons said goodbye and took pictures with a lot of people yesterday and we will be doing a lot of that again today. It's been a pleasure to serve with him.

Well I'm excited to see who my new companion is and nervous to teach my first District Meeting this week. Vamos a ver que pasa. Well thanks for your love and prayers.

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment