Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010 Email


Happy Thanksgiving from Hollister.
We just got back from San Jose where we went with an investigator- Salvador- to meet with an LDS lawyer who is going to help him out with his divorce issue so he can get baptized. He will be eligible to be baptized next week now:) Yea! Salvador is awesome and he is already one of the strongest members of the branch. Other good news is Renato has decided to get baptized! We were teaching him the Plan of Salvation and it just hit him that this is really what God wants him to do! He's come so far!
In other news, our last P'day trip to Pinnacles National Monument was a good time. I'm taking Andrew rock climbing there in a year. If any one else wants to come, let me know:) It was beautiful and there were plenty of things to climb on. I did sadly forget my camera, but hopefully I can get some pics from the other Elders. Things are good I'm excited that it's the Holidays:) And you should be too:) Love Elder Flake
Mom, thank you so much for the package! It was indeed a pleasant surprise. Did you make up all those rhymes? I rapped them all out loud to my companions:) Also, Sister Stott was a great woman- please send the Davies my regards. And that is crazy that Kaitlyn is getting hitched, although that doesn't surprise me. I really can't think of anything I need at the moment- Maybe just a couple non Christmas Cd's would be nice- oh, and I just put in my last pair of contacts, so if you could send more of those, that would be nice. I normally wear glasses, but it's nice to mix it up with contacts once a week or so.
Thanks much! Lots of Love! Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment