Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011 Email

Hey fam,
Elder Mote and I received some bad news this week. Hilda dropped us, and Denyse and Kain will not be baptized this weekend as planned. I guess Hilda's husband said some things that scared her away from her desires to continue learning from us and get baptized... Gloria, our investigator/mom of Denyse and Kain will not be able to make it to church on Sundays, due to the fact that she will be going to visit her son who's in Juvie near San Francisco. So there gos the support of Denyse and Kain. But hopefully we'll be able to work something out like convince Gloria to go and visit her son only everyother week. And with Hilda, hopefully we can get her to attend the baptism of her friends Reina and Odilia, who are still very solid, here at the end of May. So all hope is not lost- although it seemed like it Saturday, when we recieved all the bad news. Ha ha, and to top all the sadness off of the day, a bird pooped on my shoulder! Talk about a bad day! But it's ok. We did pick up two more FAMILIES as investigators this week, so that's exciting.

And I'm going to play basketball today! First time in MONTHS. We'll play with the other Elders here and try and get a few other guys. Who knows if I can still even make a lay-up. Also this week, I taught a District Meeting on the Atonement. But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.
-2nd Nephi 1:15

I LOVE MY SAVIOR!

To start the lesson, I read this story called 'The File Room' It's intense and it really brings home the reality/necessity of the Atonement. You should look it up. Somehow. I got it from the 'little book of inspirational stories for missionaries'. I'm so grateful for the Atonement! It's amazing! Incomprehensible! But it's REAL. Jesus Christ is the hope of Israel OUR HOPE. I hope you all can take some time this Easter to read a tleast one of the Gospel accounts of our Lord's atoning sacrifice, plus perhaps a Topical Guide scripture search in the Book of Mormon of the word Atonement. We are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission right now marking everything that pertains to the Atonement and it's AWESOME. I just read beautiful testimonies of the Savior's mission by Abinadi and King Benjamin. He is risen! Well I love you fam. Thanks for being amazing. You are in my prayers.
Love Elder Flake.
p.s Mom, thanks for taking care of the glasses. Sounds like you had a crazy adventure on the Virgin. I'm glad you're fine. I hope you felt the Spirit at the baptism. Sounds like Andy had a good time with Jonba and the gang. Thanks for the e-mail. I sent a picture memory card in the mail. I hope it makes it. I love you all!
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment