Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 11, 2011 Email

Hey Mom :)
We had a good week. 2 new baptismal dates bringing the total to 7! They are all pretty solid too:) The first of the baptisms will be the 23rd of this month. Dennise (9) and Kain (11) are the kids of a long time investigator, Gloria Valerio, who really wants to get baptized, but she is waiting for her divorce papers to go through, so she can get married to the man she is currently living with. So it was decided that we would go ahead and baptize the kids first, and then she will follow later on when all that stuff gets taken care of. Dennise and Kain are awesome.

They love our lessons and they enjoy doing the 'homework' we leave with them after each lesson. They are smart kids too. The other day I asked them if they knew what the word 'gospel' meant, and Kain sure gave us a surprise when he replied 'good news'- I had completely forgot that I told them that 2 weeks earlier- it blew us away that he remembered. Gloria really wants them in the church because her older son who's 16 is already in Juvenile Prison. So we have fun teaching them. I have a few object lessons that I like to use, and some of the Hispanics really get a kick out of them. I will have to demonstrate them to you when I return.

So today we got permission from President to go the Montery Bay Aquarium, so I'm excited about that. We are going to take the bus, which will cost like $7, but we got free admission tickets at the library :)

I'm going to order some glasses online at the Bishops today before dinner- from at Zennioptical.com. Elder Simmons used it and said it's cheap and decent quality- at least good enough to last me the rest of the mish before I can get my eyes checked again and then I can get some nicer new ones.

I received the letter Grandma sent with a check a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was dear elder. How often does she send them? Tell her thanks for the check please :) I'm going to send a picture card home to you guys this week. The only thing I can think of for you to send in the package is Elder Mote wants a copy of Grandma Flake's recipe book- he really can cook :) That's awesome that another one of your students is getting baptized. You should definitely go and support her at her baptism. How's Juan doing by the way? And also how is Craig, Sean, and Ricardo doing? It was good to hear from the boys from the hood. Thanks for that letter. Well love ya mom, make it a great week!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment