Monday, April 19, 2010

April 12, 2010 Email

Hey,
I remember that day when we went down to say goodbye to Jake. Time does fly. Tell Jake hello for me please. I've already completed a whole transfer out here! Nothing changed in my department: Same companion, same area. But this time around we want different results... a.k.a baptisms :)
Elder Burton is a fun loving guy who is real easy to get along with, so that's nice. In our free time, at night, he plays the Ukulele while I write in my journal (still haven't missed a day :) And then he's been helping me figure out the Rubicks cube and I finally accomplished it the other day! I feel so smart :) ha ha not really. So it has been raining like every P-day! And like only on P-days! So I still have not climbed mission peak, but because it has been raining the hills are still green so hopefully they will still be green when we finally get the chance to hike it. We do laundry at the centerville Elder's place. They actually have a house, that is small, but nice. It even has tree's of oranges, avacados, and lemons so we never have to buy any of those so that is a plus.
We usually: play card games, throw Elder Bartel's (My district leader) rugby, or just enjoy listening to the combination of my comp playing his Ukulele and Elder Cannon (who just got transferred ) playing his guitar- while we do our laundry. And usually we get a few games of b-ball in, 5 on 5, with a combination of Elders and members. It's fun.
This Alex kid I've talked a bit about should have a baptisimal date by weeks end. We haven't talked to his parents yet, who sadly don't appear to interested, but we will this week. Alex is a good kid. A big problem we are finding out here is that people are to busy for the gospel. So of them think they are too busy, while others really are.
California's economy is definitely not doing the best right now, What is the Governator doing?, so lots of the cool people we meet are literally working almost every minute of the day, so it's hard to find a time to teach them. And trying to find a time to teach a whole family is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. So ya, we still have fun in the work though. We talk with some crazy people down here. One guy, ha ha totally thought he knew us, The first thing he says is 'Hey, I'm still on probation' hmm. And then he tells us that he 'saw Jesus down in San Diego' so we try and give him a card and get out of there, but then he writes a message on the card like "Hi Jesus, I love you" and then he signed it and gave it back to us. So we're not sure if he was high or crazy or what, but he was nice :) So that was fun.
Well I'm glad Lindz is getting to spend some time with Carlton. And yes, I recived the Easter package :) It was awesome thanks. The guns were fun and I especially enjoyed a different type of cereal every day for a week :) Did you ever get the letter with the memory card? If you send it back Ill send you some more pics. Well I love you so much and thank Heavenly Father every day for such an awesome family :)
-Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment