Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 22, 2011

Well we're still fighting the good fight here in Hollister, CA. Now that we know the name of the man that's coming in to be the next mission president; W. Lincoln Watkins from Alpine Utah, it's setting in that President Jackson will be leaving us coming up here in June. You have to be made of something else to be a mission president...

So I got lucky the past 2 weeks in getting out of teaching District Meeting, but the luck ends on Thursday when I'll be teaching #2, on the "How to begin Teaching Points' in PMG. Hopefully I'll feel a little more comfortable teaching the District this time around. I will also be performing my first baptismal interview this Wednesday as well.

One cool/crazy thing that happened this past week was we were teaching this investigator Veronica who we had dropped like 2 months ago, but we decided we'd go by again and we had a good lesson with her -she's going through a rough time right now, being divorced and without a job- but through the power of the Book of Mormon we were able to lift her spirits, and at the end of the lesson I opened my mouth to invite her to keep a commitment like read the Book of Mormon, or come to church or something, but what came out was an invitation to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized! It kind of came out of nowhere, but she accepted and now she has a date for the 19th of March. She came to church on Sunday and is keeping her commitments so it's lookin like she might just be baptized on the 19th. We'll hope and pray. Well I got to get, I hope this E-mail finds everyone doing Super bien.

Con Amor, Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment