Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010 Email

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 12:16 PM
iFeliz Navidad Mom!
You had some cool experiences this week. We had a special experience this week with the baptism of Rosie Reyes yesterday:) The Spirit was present, lots of members showed up to support her, and it went picture perfect. The Gospel will be a great blessing in the lives of Rosie and her daughter Crystal. I give thanks for the opportunity I have had to be a part of her conversion. I am excited about the Christmas season. We have plans to carol and also door bell ditch gifts to members of the branch who are struggling financially and have kids. I know that you are already making plans to make your Christmas special by making the Christmas of others special. You have been a great example to me of doing service. It truly does bring more joy to serve than to be served. Have a great week.
Love your son
Elder Flake
Hey Lindsey:)
Yep, it's crazy how time flies, isn't it? That's funny you have resorted to stealing branches from the park to make your own Christmas tree. Way to be resourceful;)
We were lucky to discover a 6 ft. plastic tree in a box in our closet! I'll send pics, it's nice. You should send me a pic of your makeshift tree:) So mom just reminded me of that big disapointment you had with your recent convert on your mission. It's definitely tough to see someone reject such great light when they have tasted it. But ya, you just got to keep moving forward...

I don't know if you had a chance to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night, but if you did, I'm sure you loved President Uchdorfs talk as I did:) He basically quoted 'the Grinch' for his talk! I still quote the Grinch among my companions all the time:) That's one thing I'm definitely going to miss this year- watching that with you and the fam. I'm still excited for the Christmas season, no doubt. Basically every member of the branch is dirt poor, so we should have lots of opportunities to bring smiles to peoples faces. We just bought a bunch of stuff at the dollar store we plan on giving to kids in the branch. Do you have any ideas regarding this? Well Lindz, thank you for the note and I hope you make this Christmas special.
Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment