Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010 Email

Hey Mom!
I'm glad everything worked out well for the wedding:) I saw the pics- people look different! I guess a lot can change in 6 months, huh?
Thank you for the prayers in behalf of Christian. She is moving along fine. So what are you going to do to better your self/ have fun the remainder of this summer? Remember you're never to old to learn a new trick! SO go after your dreams:) I love you so much mom! Have a great week:)
Love your son, Elder Flake

Hey Broseph!
I just saw pics of the wedding. You worked that tux! Excellent work! Ya it is so nice to be teaching Cristian. She's awesome. Congrats on becoming a priest and blessing the sacrament! Everyone messes up the first time so esta bien! Here, I always try to bless the bread ( We get to bless the sacrament a lot in our branch because we don't have a lot of Priesthood holders) because the way they do it here is give the sacrament to us, the priests, last, so if you are blessing the water, you have to basically swallow the piece of bread- and we have good sized pieces of bread, or sometimes bagels- in order to be able to have your mouth empty for saying the blessing. But ya, it's fun. I get to exercise my priesthood a lot:)
What was bro. Calahan thinking giving a bunch of TEACHERS all those weapons of war! I'm amazed that know one chopped off any bodily appendages! You must have had a lot of guardian Angels working over time to keep you all safe;) I'm gald you had a good time. I saw a pic of Spencer also, he looks tall. YEp, we're the last of the singles, aren't we? Ha ha, we better hold our own;) well love you bro, your bro
Elder Flake

Hey Grandma and Grandpa:)
Thanks for the e-mail. It is very exciting to finally have a solid baptismal date with someone. Cristian is a special person and it is so good to finally be teaching someone who realizes the importance of our message. Please pray for her to continue to progress towards baptism. I enjoy serving with my companion Elder Medrano. He is fun and has a very strong testimony. Being with the same person all the time does test patience at times, but it's kind of like my relationship with Andrew. Some times he can get on my nerves, but overall I love him and enjoy being/serving with him. I'm glad you and Grandpa are enjoying the sunshine and I hope you have a fun time in Canada. It sounds fun. Thanks again for your examples and prayers,
Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment